You have either logged into the Aurea Email Management Services (AEMS) Administration Console and found that the Readiness Check on the Admin Console Home page is showing the following issues:
or received a notification email or SMS with the following details:
- Access to the service account on the server where SyncManager is installed
- Access to the AEMS Admin Console
The AEMS readiness check tests your AEMS system regularly. When any of the readiness checks fails, the fault is displayed in the Readiness Check on the Admin Console home page and an email is automatically sent to all email addresses listed in the fault notifications list.
The following are the different types of readiness check fault notifications related to the AEMS Sync Manager:
|Default contacts synchronization||Reports the last time a Contacts synchronization completed successfully. If a scheduled synchronization is more than 12 hours overdue, or if a synchronization reported as failed, this status check fails.|
|Default calendar synchronization||Reports the last time a Calendar synchronization completed successfully. If a scheduled synchronization is more than 12 hours overdue, or if a synchronization reported as failed, this check fails.|
|Default directory synchronizations||Reports the last time a Directory synchronization completed successfully. If a scheduled synchronization is more than 12 hours overdue, or if a synchronization reported as failed, this check fails.|
If one of these synchronization readiness checks fails, use the following troubleshooting procedure. After completing each troubleshooting step, please log into the AEMS Admin Console to verify whether the synchronization issue has been resolved.
- Verify that the machine running the SyncManager software is currently running and has outbound HTTPS (port 443) access to the Internet. HTTPS access can be verified by opening a web browser on the machine running the SyncManager and connecting successfully to the EMS URL provided to you by Support. If you are unable to connect to this URL, verify your proxy/firewall settings with your network administrator.
- Log in to the service account on the server where the SyncManager is installed and verify that the Sync Manager Service is running in the Services ControlPanel Applet. If the service is already running, restart the Sync ManagerService.
- Check the Application Event Log for non-informational events from the SyncManager Service. (Information events can generally be ignored.)
- Perform a Manual Sync by doing the following
- Log in to the service account on the server where the SyncManager is installed and launch the SyncManager (Start > Programs > Dell > SyncManager).
- Click the Reset Sync button in the Sync section for the synchronization that is failing the readiness check and wait until the reset completes.
- Click the Sync Now button in the Sync section for the synchronization that is failing the readiness check. This may take some time to complete based on the size of your organization. Verify successful operation after the manual run dialog box has been dismissed.
- If none of the steps above resolves the synchronization issue, go to C:\ProgramData\MessageOne\Logs on the Sync Manager server, zip the log files and open a ticket with AEMS Support with the zipped log files attached.